Sunday, July 26, 2009

Show us the Dress

Some of you already know that I follow Kelly's Korner http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/ and every Friday she asks us (her readers) to join in the fun in sharing our lives with her, it started out as a tour of our homes, we would share our rooms with her and she would share her rooms with us, but we have moved on to other areas of our lives, this week was Share your Wedding Dress Friday.

I instantly fell in love with my dress. I was living in McLean at the time and found the dress online, there was a boutique in Old Town that carried Amsale (the designer) and then a boutique in Richmond (Karen Eagle, at the time, now Bella Rosa) and turns out after a visit to Hannelores in Old Town if I wanted to see the actual dress I would have to make the trip to Richmond, as Hannelores didn't carry the dress, they could get it, but didn't have a sample of it. I combined my visit with a work trip, Allison (close friend from college) met me at Karen Eagle, I tried it on and knew right away it was the dress for me. Allison agreed. Its very me, simple...and classic. It was made out of Satin Organza, Empire Waist, from the waist up there was a thick Satin Trim and the same Satin Trim lined the hem as well.

Here you have it...





This gives you an idea of the back...I could have left the bow off, but the designer discouraged it.






Brad and I married on May 29th, 2005 and will be celebrating our 5th Anniversary next May with a Family Reunion at Reynolds Plantation, Georgia. We had planned on taking an Anniversary trip and renewing our vows, just the two of us, I was going to wear a white dress and he the suit he wore at our wedding, but now it looks like those plans will have to adjust a little since we will be with our family that weekend, either we renew our vows with all family present, or we wait and do it another time. Jury is still out on that, I am thinking we will wait, no need to take the focus off the Family Reunion and put it on our renewal of vows. I am hoping for our 10th Anniversary we can renew our vows again, on a beach with the girls present.

If I had to do plan beach wedding or renewal ceremony right now I would go with a dress similar to the one in the following link:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&catentryId=6097473

Don't be bashful...show me the dress.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

It's funny, I tried on that David's Bridal dress for my own wedding. Being 5'4" though, tea length looked absolutely ridiculous on me.