Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Put Your Prayin' Shoes On

Sweet Stellan is in a fight right now for his precious little life. (www.mycharmingkids.net). Many of you have followed Stellan's Journey and its been a roller coaster and right now he is holding on for dear life.

When I read about his fight and I read the words coming straight from his Momma's heart my heart just breaks for her and their entire family. It just isn't fair. And of course, reading his updates from across the globe, in a hotel room by myself I can't help but think about how I need to cherish the time I have with my girls, and feel guilty about being away from them for a week. Every time I read his updates and its bad news I always go and check on the girls, usually I am catching up on my blog reading after the girls are in bed, so I tip-toe into their rooms, peek over the edge of their cribs and watch their healthy bodies sleep in peace, with tears streaming down my face, we are so fortunate that our girls are healthy and so blessed that Avery's rough start was just that, and nothing more. I think every day about how lucky we are that her stay in the NICU was so short and that she came home a healthy baby, it could have been a very different story.

I wish I could help Stellan and his family, but I can pray long and hard, but its strange, if there is one little boy I don't worry about having prayers coming his way, its Stellan.

No comments: