Wednesday, July 8, 2009

J-E-L-L-O

Yup, that is how my legs feel right about now. I attempted to go for a run tonight...for those of you familiar with my neighborhood, you know it isn't all that big...well I ran that and then walked the rest of the way through the other neighborhood and then walked our neighborhood again, all while jamming to Michael Jackson and my girl Brit Brit on my iPOD. I really enjoyed getting out of the house alone, its the second time since Avery's arrival that I have done it and both times I have kicked myself for not doing it more often. The diet is still going fairly well, I have remained fairly even over the last several days, but I have cheated quite a bit with a few work lunches, but I am hoping to get back on the diet horse and drop a few more lbs before Olivia's Birthday Party.

I am so bummed, I found a fabulous cake maker, she actually works at C1 with me (but I don't know her), but she is already booked for next weekend, so it turns out that we will be dining on UKROPS cake again this year...not that I am really all that upset, it is FABULOUS cake. But I am looking forward to using Barbara (Cakes by Barbara) for a Baby Shower this Fall and likely for Avery's Cake in February.

Avery goes back to the Doc on Friday for her two remaining 4 month shots and a head measurement, fingers crossed her melon hasn't expanded. Also, on Friday, I am looking forward to my lunch break, I am going to visit my dear college friend Lindsay and her sweet baby boy Colt. He was born on June 13th, so he is coming up on a month old...already, wow. I can't wait to meet him and hear all about her first month of motherhood.

And my work trip to Manila is booked. I leave at 12:35pm on Friday July 24th...please send all your prayers to Brad as he prepares to be a Single Dadda for a week. God Bless our parents. My parents will likely be able to help out the first weekend I am gone, as they will still be in town for Olivia's Birthday, and when they head back to Northfield, Brad's Parents will likely "tag in" and help out until I get home. I am dreading the trip, I can't imagine being away from the girls for a full week, it will be my longest stretch away from Olivia and my first trip since Avery's birth. Olivia is usually a big Momma's girl, but the last few days she has spent a lot of time with Brad and actually called out for him the last two times she hurt herself (the silly goose, walked her head right into the door frame last night, I just watched her bounce off the frame, I didn't expect her to walk right into it, of course she cried, and wanted her Dadda).

Olivia has a new trick to get us to come into her room while she is trying to fall asleep. She puts her feet/legs through the slats of her crib and yells "Ouchie Momma" and just fusses until you come in, then when she realizes you are there, she moves her foot...sometimes, and sadly enough, sometimes it really is stuck, the poor thing. She also asks for "more hugs, more hugs" after you put her down into her crib, because she knows its tough to hug while she is down in the crib, she has figured out that kisses are possible without removing her from the crib, so she doesn't ask for those anymore...the little turkey.

Avery has been an "average" sleeper lately, she had two nights in a row of sleeping through the night over the weekend, but since then has been waking once a night to eat. Yesterday she woke at 5am to eat and then went back to sleep, which was heaven sent, I was scared she was going to think it was time to play. This morning she ate at 3:30am and then woke for the day around 7am.

Riley on the other hand. GOD BLESS!!!. Can you put dogs on eBay? Seriously....

The Tour de France bellows through our home for the entire month of July, we only watch VS HD (thats the channel its on). I do have to admit, its more exciting this year with Lance back, but I can only watch so much cycling...Brad on the other hand, can watch it for HOURS...and I mean HOURS, he DVR's about 8-9 hours a day....snooze.

No comments: