Friday, July 3, 2009

Change of Plans


No pictures were taken of this almost two year old...this is the 3rd time we have tried JcPenny's and the 2nd time we have walked away without a single snap of the camera, they just aren't quick enough for Olivia and she was less than cooperative today, so needless to say I was just a tad frustrated, but there was no point in forcing the issue with Olivia because that wouldn't have yielded us a smile, so we will just try again at Sears next Saturday Morning.
Grammie and Avery - last weekend.

The hallway/wall outside of Avery and Olivia's rooms. I ordered these photo art prints from www.etsy.com. And the sign in the middle says "There is nothing like a dream to create the future"

This is a picture of our Master Bathroom, I was so thrilled Brad finally hung these framed cards I just couldn't contain myself, I had to have a picture of it.

You might recall that I mentioned we were changing out our light plates and our door knobs, well the following two pictures are just proof that we did it, but oh boy, it just highlights the fact that our doors are FILTHY and need a paint job in the worst way. So while we crossed a few things off the list, several more just crept onto the list.

Avery is growing and changing right before our eyes, I can't believe how big she is. I ran to my parents house yesterday after work to pick up some 6-9 month clothes for her, now that she is sleeping unswaddled I had to grab all the sleepers that we had yet to use, too bad we didn't get much use out of the 3 month or 3-6 month ones. While I am on the topic of clothes, I have to say, I am a bit frustrated/confused with the whole sizing thing as of late. I bought the girls several matching outfits while we were in Northfield, all at the Carter's Outlet, Carter's has always run true to size for me, at least with Olivia, who if you recall was a large child too. Well everything I bought them for this summer is snug, and not just on Avery, the 24M stuff is snug on Olivia too, but in other brands, specifically other brands that historically were smaller, such as Old Navy, Avery fits easily into the 3-6 month stuff, oh, and I should mention for comparison, the stuff I bought Avery at Carters was all 6 month stuff. So I asked my Mom to make another run and pick up a few pairs of 9 month bottoms to get us through the summer, that Carolyn really is a lifesaver. And I should also note, all the other 24 month stuff Olivia fits her very well, including some other Carter's stuff we have, just not the stuff/styles we bought while we were in Northfield. I don't know what the deal is...but the outfits are all so cute, I am hoping Campbell can wear some of them next summer and maybe Juliette can wear some the summer after that. Thank goodness we have so many baby GIRLS around here.

Avery and I went to UKROPS this morning, and I just have to say...WHAT A ZOO. That place was packed at 8am this morning. And I must also note, that the rest of the house was still asleep when we left...I was a good wife, I showered in silence and that includes keeping Avery in the bathroom with me the entire time, impressive I know (picture me taking a bow). Back to UKROPS...the crowd was gathered around the Sweet Corn display, at 10 cents an ear it was a great deal (I didn't purchase any though), but seriously, they were 3-4 people deep surrounding the thing, it was so picked over when we made our second pass through the produce section.

Did I mention that I got my HepA shot yesterday for Manila? Yup, and the Typhoid capsules and of course an Rx for an antibiotic for Traveler's "Doo-Doo". YUCK. Good Lord, help me if I get that.

We have yet to book our flights, at last check the flights were $4600 and climbing as the days tick away, but it is what it is...we will likely book them this week and the countdown will be on.

No comments: