Wednesday, July 29, 2009

22 Hours...

and I will be boarding a plane, just beginning my journey home to my very much missed family. I have really enjoyed my time here in Manila and found that my new role at Capital One was a very good move for me, I am passionate about our customers and these agents are the first line of defense when it comes to improving our customers experience. Dorky, I know.

So my manager/friend, Carver and I have had a very solid routine this week. We work from 9pm-5am every day, come home, head down to the pool at 6am for our version of water aerobics, at 6:45am we get out, dry off, head to our rooms, change, and meet one of our colleagues from Canada downstairs for breakfast, and then I would usually have a spa treatment scheduled, and by 11am I was back in my room getting ready for bed. I have really enjoyed getting to know the agents that work for me, they are just precious.

The food has been so-so. We have breakfast at one of the hotel restaurants (Circles) and this morning I ordered dinner from room service (strange to say this morning followed by dinner), but all other mornings I just skipped dinner and went to bed, and we would just grab snacks at Starbucks during the night while we were working. God Bless Starbucks. So seriously, if I have gained weight I am going to be furious because I haven't eaten a thing. We haven't left the hotel other than for work and shopping on Sunday, and for that I will have big regrets, but I know I will be back, likely in just a few short months, so I am promising myself I will see more then.

Olivia hasn't wanted to chat with me over the phone, while it makes me sad, I know its normal and I am trying not to take it too personally, I have to tell you though, I cannot wait to see her, just hearing her voice through the phone pulls at my heart strings. And it sounds like the girls have been angels, other than Olivia's typical Monday attitude, they have been great for Brad, sleeping very well, and now Brad's Parents are in town so he has some help, which is great. He was even planning on going for a ride tonight...between you all and me...he is one lucky duck, I never get a minute to myself when I am home with the girls alone, and he is going for a ride? Are you kidding me? He has the life.

TV here...not fabulous, but I haven't really had time to watch, however right now I am watching/listening to CSI NY as I type.

I am really looking forward to the Kids Layne Sale on Saturday, but I have to hold myself back, I am only allowing myself to look for Christmas Outfits and a Birthday Outfit for Avery. And on Sunday we might be packing up and heading to VA Beach. My good friend Adam, his fiancee Kearstin and their son Jayden will be in VA Beach visiting friends and having Jayden dedicated, so we would really love to be there for the occasion as its very important to us to support them and their family, but with all the travel and time changes, I might want to die, so I am hoping I feel okay and we can make a day of it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We may see you at the sale! I think we are headed to Richmond this Saturday to return a rug and I thought we would check out the sale!

Jeni said...

I hope you have a safe trip home and get to spend some much wanted time with your family this weekend!!!!