Saturday, June 13, 2009

My new obsession...



I am thrilled with my recent finds on Craigslist. I have to admit, I am a rookie browser. But I believe I have mentioned that we sold our car on craigslist, and just last week sold our Morning Room Cafe Style Table...we are still waiting on our bed to sell...BUT, that is besides the point, on to what I have FOUND on craigslist.
So I have been in search of a Toy Kitchen for Olivia, I have been debating about what kind I wanted her to have, the real legit wooden ones, the classic-retro one from Pottery Barn Kids, the plastic Little Tikes/or Fisher Price one...I couldn't decide, but I was leaning towards a non-plastic one. So when I pulled up Craigslist the other day I decided to do a search...and low and behold we found our dream kitchen...take a look.
I love it, I couldn't be happier with its condition and the price. Olivia loves to open all the doors, and loves to play with the toaster and mixer that came along with it. Now we are hoping to pass along some hints about Birthday Present Ideas...toy FOOD and anything that will go with her kitchen. Happy Second Birthday Olivia...about a month early.

And on to the next find...which might even top the kitchen, but I will let you decide. The Jumbo Kettrike from Kettler. Zack (aka Zackie) has a Kettler Trike and Olivia loves it, Zack however, hates it, unless of course Olivia wants to ride on it, and then he falls madly in love with it so that she has to get off, so we figured it was about time she had one of her own. So I have spent MONTHS researching which one would be right for her, seriously folks, check out their website, its a bit much, the "Compare" chart sent me to the wine fridge for a full bottle one night, I just couldn't determine which features were must haves vs. nice to haves, so I started to search on Craigs List for them a few months back and never really found any local...I take that back, I found one but it was still listed for close to $200, which is close to their "new" price, but after I found the kitchen on Thursday I decided to give it another try and TA-DA, we found a perfect trike, and guess what...it has a second seat connector, it will be perfect for Avery this Fall, we can strap her in and Olivia can take her for a ride through the neighborhood.


And the third find...a cheapo Fisher Price Big Wheel. While Olivia likely won't fall madly in love with this, however, she will likely make me eat my words, they usually like the $4 toy, rather than the nice ones, we got this so that when she has friends over, yes, I am already planning for when she has friends over, I love to think about her inviting her friends over to play, they will have something to ride on, I don't want anyone to feel left out.








No comments: