Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day



We had a relatively low key weekend...Friday was the first day Donna (daycare lady) was off, so Brad hung out with the girls and my Mom for the first part of the day and I came home and worked from home around 1pm. I so wish that I wasn't just starting a new job at work so that I could have taken the whole week off to spend with my darling babes, but its just not in the cards for me, so I am going to have to make the most of my time with them this week. My Mom will be here until Thursday evening and Brad's Parents arrive Thursday Night, we are looking forward to their visit and possibly a date night next weekend while they are still in town.

It was a HOT one yesterday, so after a few errands with Olivia and my Mom we all hung out inside most of the day. One errand of mention...Olivia's 3rd Haircut, but I am not thrilled with it, the lady just took off length and that was the ONE thing I told her not to do, I don't see a haircut in Olivia's near future.

Brad had the best of intentions, he packed my "Pool Tote", even packed me a healthy snack-lunch, and was sending me straight to the pool when I got home from running errands, but it was just too darn hot, my Mom wasn't up for it. Last night my Mom joined us for dinner...our "behind" us neighbors, which really is the "other" neighborhood as we like to call it, had their annual summer bash...probably close to 100 people, the streets were lined with some sweet rides...an El Camino with rims...and that is just the tip of the iceberg. So at 9:45pm we had to call the Non-Emergency Chesterfield County Police Number, we were jamming to their music through Olivia's Monitor and she was still awake rapping along to the beats. Officer Balducci sent a car over and just minutes late it was quiet...AMEN.
(YaYa and Avery - can't you just hear the giggles?)

Brad and I watched Fireproof last night (with Kirk Cameron...aka Mike Sever). Despite the crazy amount of cheese and bad acting, it had a great message, I highly recommend it to all you married folks out there...I for one feel like I have a lot of work to do and the movie motivated me to put the right amount of focus into my marriage. And after the movie was over, I went to check on the girls, I came back to a Fink's bag on my pillow...for all you Non-Virginia or North Carolina folks, Finks is a Jewelry store here...I was shocked, straight out of a fairy tale...why was I getting a present, it was Father's Day weekend after all...so I asked "What is this for?". "For making me a Father". Ladies...its okay to be jealous....he outdid himself. It was a beautiful David Yurman ring...but it didn't fit. He got it sized to fit my left hand, because that is the ring size he knows, my right hand is much bigger...and by much, maybe a half a size, so we have to take it back. I can't wait to wear it and brag about my wonderful husband to everyone one that asks about the ring.

(Olivia telling us "Pretty Hair, Pretty Hair - LaLa's Pretty Hair")



Brad then opened his Father's Day presents...a few shirts, 2 ties, a cycling t-shirt, and some yummy cologne. And about 5 cards, I just couldn't stop with one from each of us...I have a problem, I am obsessed with cards.

(Olivia before Breakfast at The Black Sheep)


Sunday morning Olivia and I took Brad to The Black Sheep for Breakfast, Avery hung out at home with my Mom (God Bless YaYa). Then we rushed home, got everyone ready for a few hours at the Pocahontas Pool, as you can tell, we all had a blast.


(I even allowed a few pictures of myself...from the waist up of course)


Alright, I am about to go where I have yet to go with this blog, I am going to bare all...and no, I don't mean my clothes, I mean my thoughts. Brad snapped a few shots of me playing in the water with Olivia, I almost died when I looked at them. And I mean died, of shock, I was huge, and I mean HUGE with a capital H-U-G-E, I can't deny it, a serious diet is in order. Starting today its ALL BUSINESS. No more cheating, no more excuses. So you all are my witnesses, hold me to it, I mean it.

1 comment:

3guysandagirl said...

Brad! Way to go on the ring! Leigh, the next post better have pics. Don't worry about your looks, you look great! Notice I haven't posted any of myself recently? Maybe you'll motivate me as well.

-Tina