Sunday, June 28, 2009

Almost 2....

Olivia drinking out of Riley's Outside Water Bowl....we thought it was gross...she thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, and this girl loves her sliced bread.



Olivia now responds to "How old are you?" with "Two"...and she insists on "Two Gooks", which translated means "Two Books". In just a few short week our little girl will be two years old...and she can't wait.

Avery - 4 Months Old

We spent yesterday morning at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens with Becca, one of my friends from work, Becca photographed Olivia for two hours while she explored the Gardens and Butterfly Exhibit. Olivia had a great time, silly Momma forgot her bathing suit so she wasn't able to join in the fun at the Water Exhibit, next time I will know better. We parted ways at Lewis Ginter and went to brunch at Kitchen 64, if I wasn't on a serious diet there are a few things I would have tried, but being that I wanted to stay on the diet, I had a boring Spinach Salad that was just "eh", not great, not even good actually and I shared some of Olivia's fruit.

Brad took this shot at Lewis Ginter just after seeing the Butterfly Exhibit



Brad and I enjoyed our date night, we made a pact, when we get a chance to get out on our own we are going to try a new restaurant each and every time, there are so many great places in Richmond that we have yet to try, next up Acaia Mid-Town. The Hard Shell was good, not great, we remembered it as great from our last visit, but were slightly disappointed this time around. The Proposal however did NOT disappoint, it was hilarious, almost pee your pants funny. We both laughed out loud several times and highly recommend it, I mean, don't run out and see it in the theaters but put it on your queue as soon as it comes to DVD.
Olivia at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens - June 27th, 2009

Brad and his Dad manged to change out the 3 "outside" door knobs, they are now all Satin Nickel instead of Brass...woof, I can't stand Brass. I have placed an order for the other 20 we need to finish off the house. I don't expect Brad to drop everything and change them all out when they arrive, just a few at a time...here and there. And we have to take each and every door off the hinge to paint the hinges white...urg...it will be well worth it though, I have loathed this Brass junk since we bought the house, I hated that we didn't get to customize it to our liking...
This is how La-La felt when YaYa left on Thursday..


Brad and I spent the afternoon yesterday at Home Depot while the girls napped. We bought Chair Rail for the Formal Living Room, and Crown Molding for the girls bedrooms and our Master Bedroom...I can't wait to see it all hung, it likely won't be complete until after Christmas since it was on our "Winter Project" list, but since we had a 10% off coupon we figured we should just go ahead and get all the supplies now.
Olivia trying to balance...

No comments: