Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Around Virginia in 4 days...

I am betting that is how Brad is feeling these days...check out his schedule:

Last Thursday - Charlottesville and after a long day we all loaded into the Honey Wagon and set sail for Bassett.

Friday - Radford and Blacksburg

Monday - Martinsville and Galax (sp?)

Today and Tomorrow - Tidewater Area...the man is a traveling machine. He has put 3,000 miles on the Honey Wagon in less than a month.

So our weekend in Bassett was FABULOUS, minus me going to the Doctor and Brad getting sick at the movies...and yes, that included him puking. Woof. Friday the girls and I spent the day with Brad's Mom and of course they loved all the Grammie Lovin. Olivia had fun playing outside with Grammie. Grammie Turner pulled out some of Brad and Shannon's old toys...



And Grammie and Olivia had fun walking around the yard, picking flowers, etc. Avery and I chilled in the grass and blew bubbles.

I went to the Martinsville Urgent Care on Friday, it felt like I was swallowing daggers...and the cutest little NP took care of me, she was wearing denim scrubs, sounds tacky, but they were really cute. She gave me some meds for a Sinus Infection and while I am feeling somewhat better, I am not 100%, so I am guessing I need some allergy meds too.
Saturday Morning Brad got his hair did, and Olivia entertained the entire salon/spa. Then it was off to the Blackberry Church Fun Day. It was just Olivia, Brad and I. Grammie and PawPaw offered to keep Avery...which was a lifesaver since we forgot a stroller...who does that? Jeesh. And I am not even a Mom rookie...
Olivia LOVED the bouncy house. Brad and Chuck (Brad's Close Childhood Friend) bounced around with Olivia...it was adorable. Chuck got injured doing a swan dive...I laughed until I cried. Here is our lil bouncer...and can I just say, she LOVED the quality time with Momma and Dada, she didn't ask about Avery once. HA.

Brad and Olivia also enjoyed the bouncy slide...it was so cute. All the older kids let her go first. This one little boy took her hand and helped her up said "Hey There Little Girl, my name is David and I am in the 5th Grade at Sanville Elementary, its so nice to meet you". He was so cute, I almost cried.


They also went on a hayride...pulled by a 3 wheeler...HA. Again, I laughed. Olivia had a blast though and we got her a few "Ba-LOONS". We lost two in the sky, Chuck tried to save them, but he failed...so we had to get her a few more.
Friday Night Great Grandma Martin came over for dinner, the girls will call her GG Martin once they start calling her something. Poor GG Martin, Olivia was a little scared of her...

Avery enjoyed all the cuddle time with Grammie and PawPaw, extra hands to love on her...she was happy as a clam.

Cuddle Time with PawPaw

Saturday Night Brad and I went to El Ranchito, Chuck joined in. We had a delicious dinner and then headed to the movies to see Ex-Girlfriends Past (or whatever its called), Brad started feeling ill soon after the movie started, he suffered through for a while and then gave in, went to the bathroom and puked...poor guy. We left before the movie ended...think the local theater will let me in for the last 20 minutes? Doubtful. Shucks...anyways, what I saw was good...
Sunday we all went to church, Olivia went to the Nursery...no way could that girl stay quiet for an hour. Avery ate and then slept the entire time. We had a delicious Turkey Dinner Sunday Night...Brad was feeling a little better by then, so he was able to enjoy it.
We watched Seven Pounds Sunday Night...wow. What a movie. I loved it. Monday Brad got up and hit the road early, the girls and I hung out with his Mom, went to visit her work friends, Olivia tore up the place, running from office to office, good thing she is cute. Then we came home and packed...you can see, Olivia is such a good helper. HA.



We arrived back in Richmond last night around 8:30pm. Brad packed up and headed to the beach this morning, he will be back tomorrow night just in time to pack again for our trip to the 4-1-3-. I can't wait to see everyone :) Its been way too long.

And a WELCOME TO THE WORLD shoutout to Luella Braidwood, lil Lulu. She joined the world last night just before midnight. Congrats to Ashley and Robb...she is a cutie with a full head of hair. Ashley was due June 5th, but delivered her first, Big Brother Sam at 32 weeks, so she was expecting an early lil girl...

I can't believe my Maternity Leave is over...I go back to work as soon as we get back from Northfield. THANK GOD I get to work from home for the first 4 weeks, I will need time to adjust.

No comments: