Friday, March 27, 2009

Tragedy...

I woke up this morning thrilled that when I went to bed tonight Brad would be beside me...and within a few minutes my whole day and perspective changed. One of Brad's closest friends and fraternity brothers passed away last night from a heart attack. I am crushed, and so sad that I can't give my husband a big hug when I know he is hurting. Please send your thoughts and prayers out to Mike's family, his beautiful wife and their precious little boys who will grow up only hearing stories of their amazing father who touched every life he encountered.

This has been a senseless week of tragedies. On Tuesday a college friend passed away from a diabetic condition he wasn't even aware of, his brain stem was severed by the swelling when his sugar levels hit 1,000 and he was gone. Two great men gone at the all too young age of 33.

Makes you realize just how precious and short life is, it can change in an instant. Hug the ones you love a little longer the next time you see them, call your friends and tell them just how much they mean to you. Mike and his family had planned to stay with us on April 8th on their way to Raleigh for Easter, we were looking forward to their visit...and Brad had planned on going to Radford with Mike and the boys the last weekend in February but since Avery was in the NICU he didn't end up going, I so wish he would have gone and had been able to spend one last weekend with Mike.

No comments: