Saturday, March 21, 2009

A single momma I will be...

For a WHOLE week...needless to say I am NOT looking forward to Brad's week of training in Charlotte. He leaves on Sunday and will be back late Friday night. He will be home the following week and then will spend another full week on the road. Bad timing with the new job considering its not a walk in the park taking care of a 20 month old and a almost 4 week old...I can't believe Avery is almost a month old.

Tuesday my Mom and I are taking Avery for her 1 month picture session, I am hoping for a few good ones. I made a promise to her, that we will photograph her as often as we did Olivia, I don't want her getting the short end of the stick just because she is the second child.

I am watching Friday Night Lights...and I am tearing up. I can't imagine having the "birds and the bees" conversation with these girls. Avery was cat napping on my chest while Brad and I watched and I was looking at how small she was curled up, and I pictured us having this same conversation...I just can't imagine. Brad was freaking out. And while I am talking about Friday Night Lights. I cannot watch JD McCoy, I am so embarrassed for him.

Olivia's vocabulary is growing leaps and bounds on a daily basis. Yesterday she said "Oh no, its yucky". Hilarious. If you could have heard her tone...she is pure comedy. She is starting to repeat what we say, so now we have to be careful...her new word of the day is Waffle, which is what she had for breakfast.

Riley is back on some serious meds, I picked up 4 prescriptions for him on Thursday, seriously...this dog is a fortune. Lets hope these help, because he is a mess right now.

My good friend April turns 30 on Friday so we are celebrating with a Girls Dinner out and Game Night at her house on Saturday. I am THRILLED, it will be just what I need after a whole week with my two girls.

Avery is still very congested. TMI Warning...her spit up is filled with mucus, the poor thing just can't seem to get ahead of it.

I am also happy to report that the WHOLE family had a peaceful, delicious lunch at Don Pepe today. It was the first time the whole family has been out together. We figure we can handle it as long as Avery is still napping in between feedings.

No comments: