Monday, March 16, 2009

"It won't be like this for long"

Like my new favorite country artist said "It won't be like this for long". I have to remind myself of this every night when we "go to bed", which these days means something very different than it used to mean. Last night Avery and I curled into our respective beds around 10pm, she was up to eat at 11pm, but keep in mind, neither of us slept from 10-11, I just kept putting the pacifier in her mouth. Then she slept on me from 11:30am to almost 3am and then she ate again, I woke Brad up to set up her humidifier in our bedroom since the poor thing is so snotty she can barely breathe. Then she slept on me again from 3:30-6:45am and then ate again around 7am and slept on me until about 9:45am. We both got some sleep, but of course I don't sleep well when she is sleeping on me because I am afraid I will crush her, etc. She hates being swaddled these days, she used to love it, but now she can't stand it. As soon as we put her in the Co-Sleeper she wakes up, even if she is dead to the world when we put her down. She used to sleep well in her Baby Papasan seat, but now not so much.

I wish I would have taken better "notes" from these early days with Olivia so I could project how the future was going to turn out, but of course I didn't, and even though it was only 19 Months ago, I cannot remember in detail how the nights went, some stick out in my mind, but I don't recall how old she was. I know Olivia's first full night of sleep was at 6 Weeks Old, so that means we have another 3 weeks to go, but we are in need of some serious improvement if we have any hope of meeting that goal.

Brad is counting down the days, only 4 more to go...and then he leaves for Charlotte on Sunday evening for a week of new hire training. We will miss him dearly...

Olivia is great! Her appetite is slowing down, which for her is a good thing, the girl has a BELLY. She is a big fan of snacks though...we need to work on that. We know she has structured snacks at daycare, why we have such a hard time saying NO is beyond me. She is loving the role of Big Sister, she holds Avery a few times a day, wants to help feed her. The best part is that she puts her arms out and says "Baby" like we are just going to hand her over, its pretty funny. She hates having to sit on the couch to hold her, she doesn't understand why she can't just carry her around.

No comments: