Sunday, March 29, 2009

The best I can be...

Its sad that it takes a tragedy to make you realize how valuable every decision you make really is, and how essential it is to treat everyone with the tender care you would hope for the ones you love. Brad just called from NY (where the funeral is) and he couldn't stop talking about how much Mike touched every one's lives, he said the line for the calling hours was wrapped around the block when they got there and was still around the block when they left and the calling ours had been going on for hours. He really was one in a million, the type of guy/person you want to be, he really did live life as everyone should. He was the best son, friend, father, husband anyone could ask for, he set the bar high.

They have already planned an annual golf tournament in his honor, Brad and all the guys will make it a point to be there every year, it will give them an opportunity to spend time with Mikey and Mason (Mike's boys). This is one of the first times in my life that I have been envious of Greek life, the way these Sigma Chi boys have bonded together brings tears to my eyes.

I am going to be a better person tomorrow than I was today and if I continue to live my life this way I can only hope that people are wrapped around the block for me when its my time.

No comments: