Saturday, March 7, 2009

30 Years Later...

Yup, today is the day I turn the Big 3-0. I'm not freaking out so much as I am realizing just how quickly time passes. I don't mind getting old as long as I just don't age, makes sense right? Its scary to think that my girls will eventually be without me, that is the only thing that scares me about getting older, but after 30 years, I realize that is just the way it works.

So an update/addition to the Olivia Health Drama...she woke up from her nap on Thursday with Fifth's Disease, awesome right? She has a bright red face to go along with her always on snotty nose and a cough that won't quit. Seriously, what gives? Can't this girl catch a break? I hate that she has had such a rough winter, I wish I could pin point what is causing all of it, the other kids at daycare haven't been nearly as sick as she has, so it can't be all coming from there...the good news is, she takes it like a champ and unless she is running a high fever you would never know she feels like "doo-doo".

Avery is great, still eating every 2.5-4 hours. Generally speaking if she is awake its tough to even stretch her to 3 hours, but if she is sleeping usually we can get a good 3.5-4 hours in between feedings, but of course during the night she wakes like clockwork at 3 hours to eat. She is awake a lot more these days, we love to see her little eyes taking in the world around her.

Olivia is still doing great with her, so gentle. Last night we took a walk as a family, Olivia pushed her baby doll in her stroller and I pushed Avery, Olivia was so proud of herself.

We just found out that Brad's Cousin Alex and his wife Kristen are expecting their first in September, that will be two September babies for the "Martin" family, since Shannon (Brad's Sister) is also expecting late September. We wish them healthy pregnancies.

No plans for the birthday, my Aunt Martha is in town from CT, so she will be joining us for dinner tonight here at our house, likely we will just cook out. I haven't had an appetite since Avery arrived so I told my Mom I didn't care what we had, likely I wouldn't be eating much of it, so I will let the others decide.

I am happy to report though that Brad surprised me last night with a Magic Hat Sampler, I can't wait to crack one of those bad boys open.

2 comments:

3guysandagirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEIGH! I remember Logan's first *winter* at daycare, he was sick with everything. Roseola, rotavirus, cold, flu. You name it, he had it. He was about 16 months old. I bet that you'll see that when next winter gets here, she isn't nearly as sick. I can't wait (sarcasm) for Cameron's *first* cold and flu season as a toddler. They always seem to be the worst.

The Millers said...

Happy Birthday!