Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tons of Tack & Terror

Yup, that was the only emotion I could think of to describe how Olivia reacted to Santa today at the Amberleigh (my parents Neighborhood) Holiday Party. My mom tried to take her up to see Santa, he even knew all about her, her favorite toys, her dogs name (all supplied by my mom prior to the party) but once she saw where my mom was taking her the tears starting and they weren't quiet tears, they were loud, loud, loud tears. We didn't push it, let her play around for a little while and then I tried again, oh boy, not a chance, as soon as I picked her up she knew where she was headed and the screaming started, I couldn't stop laughing. I even tried to stand behind Santa while holding her to get one picture and that didn't work even for a second, you would have thought I was pulling her finger nails out or making her chew on tin foil, it was awful. I am so thankful we didn't wait in line at the Children's Museum or at the Mall, and then paid $30 for a single 5 X 7, only to find out she was going to scream the entire time. Maybe we will get a picture next year...My Mom said I did the same thing when I was her age.





Now on to the 3rd Annual Tacky Sweater Party...it was all I had hoped for and more. It was a smaller group this year, a lot of people had work holiday parties on the same night and couldn't make it, but we had a blast. Olivia had a sleep over at YaYa and GaGa's house, they hung out until about 7:15 and then headed back to their house, Olivia was so sleepy, I wish she could have stuck around for some pictures, but we did our best to capture her in her Tacky Sweater before the party kicked off. I turned in around 12:30am and I believe Brad came to bed around 2am, I can't wait until I can actually part-take in the spirits next year, I have been pregnant for 2 of the last 3. Lord help us if I cannot kick back some bubbly next year...

Have I mentioned that Olivia calls herself "LaLa". Zack calls her LaLa so we are guessing that is where she gets it from. When she sees a picture of herself, she says "LaLa", its hilarious. And she is madly in love with my Dad, she can't go more than a few hours without asking for GaGa, its her new favorite thing to say.
This is Justin's annual cone shot...

This morning Molly, Amy, Lauren and I headed out to the Bizarre Bazaar, it was fabulous, I can't wait until next year. Molly won a door prize, and got a free jar of jelly...HA!.

1 comment:

Kaija said...

We got the same reaction from Santa at the firehouse pancake breakfast this morning. I'm still trying to decide to torture Natalie with a visit to the Mall Santa - I want that picture!