Sunday, December 21, 2008

4 Days and Counting...


Olivia is loving the Countdown Santa, she changes the blocks on a daily basis, numerous times a day and today we were able to change it to 04 days, and she seemed to be okay with that number so left it alone for the rest of the day. She loves the Christmas Tree and at first never touched a thing, but has started to point and look back at us to ask whether she can touch the ornaments, of course the answer is no, so she just keeps pointing and eventually walks away.

She has also found a great deal of satisfaction in opening her presents, however we realized the trick is, don't give her the present, if you give it to her and ask her to open it, you get nothing, no interest at all, but if you just leave it on the floor, she will gravitate to it and begin opening it. Of course the same holds true for all presents that are on the floor, so you have to be careful about leaving presents around, especially those for others, I have had to re-wrap a few presents...



Olivia and Dada had a blast messing around the other night, Brad ran around the entire house bouncing her around, of course it was right after dinner, but thank god no vomit :) This afternoon she was so clumsy, she could barely walk more than a few steps without falling flat on her face, silly girl.
Olivia is obsessed with the bathroom, if I am in the bathroom she HAS to be in there with me, and likely she will stay long after I am finished. She loves to help flush, sometimes she just likes to play on the floor, take note, this is her in the half-bath downstairs. Crazy little girl.
We are heading to Bassett on Wednesday Mid-Day and will spend a few days with The Turner Family, and will be back in Richmond for dinner on the 26th with my parents. We will then have a traditional Christmas Morning/Day here on the 27th, filled with yummy breakfast casserole, mimosas for those who aren't with child, and lots of presents for the littlest one. Everyday my Mom gives her a present, because she is afraid she will be overwhelmed on Christmas Day...I think its more than my Mom can't wait to watch her open them...
Friday Night I had a girls night out with April and Courtney. It was so great to catch up with the girls, we haven't all been together in months. It was also great for April to get out and get some time to herself away from the little ones that keep her busy 24 hours a day. We had dinner at Brio and walked around Stony Point.
Last night Brad and I had dinner with his two Uncles (Darrell and Bernard) that live here in Richmond, his Cousin Alex and his Grandma. It was great to see everyone. We dined at The House of Vietnam, (No more Asian Food for a while for this girl) and then went back to Darrell and Boozie's house to visit. We had planned on seeing Four Christmases, but missed it, so we are hoping to catch it before it leaves the theaters. I have decided that I won't be able to see Marley and Me in the theaters, I will have to wait for it to come out OnDemand...
Tomorrow my Mom and I are headed to Short Pump to return a few things and run an errand or two. Hopefully I will get the "Okay" from Dr. Davis to have a prenatal massage on Tuesday, my back has been killing me, so I am hoping she gives me the green light.
I haven't watched a single Christmas Movie this season, depressing isn't it? We have just been so busy, I am hoping to get one in before we head to Bassett.

No comments: